Volunteers are the heartbeat of CVVIM!
There are many ways to give back and get involved with CVVIM! Our volunteers are from all walks of life, possess a variety of skills, and are the vital heartbeat of our clinic. We are always in need of volunteers, and the talents they can provide, whether it’s administrative skills, medical services or a helping hand answering the phone.
Regular volunteer positions include:
- Medical or Dental Provider – Physician, dentist, nurse practioner, physician assistant, or dental hygienist who provide direct patient care.
- Medical or Dental Volunteer – Nurses(RN and LVN), medical assistant, dental assistant, or paramedic who assist with patient flow and aiding the Provider in direct patient care.
- Specialty Volunteer – Pharmacists, Chiropractor, Acupuncturist and others who work on special projects and patient care needs.
- Translator and Scribe – who work alongside Providers to ensure quality patient communication and cultural competency in verbal communications as well as accurate charting.
- Front Office/Reception Volunteer – to greet patients, schedule appointments, certify/recertify patient eligibility, answer phones and direct general inquiries.
- Transportation Volunteer – to assist patients needing transportation for medical or dental visits.
Volunteers who require a license to perform their professional duties must hold an active and unrestricted license in the State of California. We undertake a comprehensive credentialing process for all licensed professionals which may take up to 8 weeks. Malpractice coverage is provided by the clinic through the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) Program at NO COST to the practitioner.
For non-medical volunteers, no formal experience is necessary to help those in need. Basic computer knowledge, however, is helpful because CVVIM uses electronic medical records and computer scheduling for appointments. A background search is required for volunteers prior to service.
Bilingual volunteers are especially appreciated!
We encourage all of our volunteers to schedule a time to shadow a current volunteer to give you an idea of what we do, the type of services we offer and an opportunity to ask questions before you make a commitment. Volunteers are required to make a minimum commitment of 4 hours per month.
For more information on volunteer opportunities please call our Volunteer Coordinator at (760) 342-4414.
Application Forms Provided Here
Radio Spot (English Version)
Radio Spot (Spanish Version)