Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Coachella Valley Volunteers in Medicine Healthcare Center! Our mission is to provide no-charge, primary health care services to medically underserved people residing in the Coachella Valley. We do this through the provision of primary medical care, though certain medical specialty services are also provided.
We rely on the time and talents of volunteers to complete a variety of tasks to keep the clinic operating efficiently. We ask those who accept a volunteer position with VIM to commit to a minimum of 2 shifts (4-hour shifts) per month for an initial three-month period. Before receiving a volunteer assignment, each candidate must complete:
• Be at least 18 years old.
• A personal interview.
• Authorize a background check. We ask for a $10 donation to offset expense.
• Orientation & Training.
• Maintain proper dress code: VIM polo ($20) or scrubs. No ripped or low rise jeans.
• Bilingual preferred (Spanish speaking).
• COVID vaccine required (or in process).Please consider these requirements carefully before deciding to become a Volunteer.